Saturday, October 2, 2010

How Ya Like Me Now?

My plan seems to be working...at least for now. Seems like I may come out on top and foil those lettuce eating squirrels after all. I left the stumps in the ground because lettuce can sometimes come back and sure enough, there are a handful that have started to do just that.
Who knows if it will have time to get to an edible size before our first frost, but I think we've got about another 3 weeks or so, so I'm hopeful. I was debating pulling out the rest of the sweet potatoes this weekend, but we just had rain. I may now give them the week to dry out.
Today we added three more keychains to the Keychains for a Cause page. We added a burgundy velvet ribbon, a red ribbon with purple polka dots reminiscent of the Red Hat Society colors and then this orange ribbon used to show awareness for leukemia and motorcycle safety.
The morning comes early. Sweet gardening dreams.

2 comments:

  1. Hey that seedling looks like a good one for dinner, LOL! I'm back to zero just about from stealing my own seedlings again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lettuce is pretty amazing like that. Awesome that it came back!

    ReplyDelete