Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Monster Bugs Cannot Spoil a Debut!

When we were in college, the man was a member of a fairly successful progressive rock band named Volare. If you care to, you can click here to hear some music samples from Amazon. Since then, life has gotten in the way of playing music, but recently he's hooked up with two other men and have formed Velvet City Mercy. You can find them also on Facebook. Last night they played their first gig in Athens, GA. They pulled a good crowd for their first gig AND a Tuesday night. I was very happy for them all. Give them a listen and tell him what you think!

When we came back home last night, I thought for sure there was a frog in the drive way and I rushed to watch it jump. This sucker wasn't a frog; it was a monster. I swear it almost killed me.
At the very least it ate the small dog next door. The man put his car keys down so you could see the monstrosity.
We let him go about his business, but he sure was impressive.

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, is that one big very interesting beetle! A Hercules Beetle perhaps?

    I'm glad you spared it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodie...i'll have to check out those links when I get home. (Firewall won't let me see them here at work). I like progressive rock - especially Dream Theater....

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had 2 of those last year, aren't they cool? Hopefully we'll see another this year (before it sees US, LOL)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuck...on the beetle...I'm not a fan of them lol! The music however, is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! To both your DH's band and the huge beetle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a Happy Birthday beetle :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ::shudders:: That's bad when your'e mistaking the bugs for frogs! Zoinks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lord, scary coming face to face with that thing in the dark.
    Loved the music; very nice blend of some classic rock, with a nice bluesy twist. Some of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete