Saturday, June 19, 2010

Dreams

This is going to be totally garden unrelated.

Last night I dreamed about EG and Granny. It was about as disjointed as dreams can be and when I look back at it, I'm not sure it was flattering to any of us. The dream picked up in the middle and I'm not sure why we were all together, but there we were in Granny's yard. Actually, I was in Granny's yard. EG was in a chicken coop. He wasn't there visiting the chickens or collecting eggs; this was his designated location. His 'room' if you will. There was nothing out of the ordinary about it and it wasn't inhumane. He had a large potato bin full of water and Granny's own cage was right next to it so they could talk.

Flash forward and I'm in the house trying to figure out dinner. Granny's husband, who looks like my father, but I know him for who he's supposed to be, said that he supposed I could use the chicken defrosting in the fridge since he didn't listen to Granny and take it out for dinner the day before. There were 9 pieces of chicken, which were perfect for us all. EG disagreed. He wanted more. I said my two children could share a piece. No good. I told him he could have the extra and then half of mine as well and then throw in the girl's half as well since she won't abide by any meat being on her plate that hasn't been processed at least three times over.

No good. "Ribbit, I'm a big man," EG said. "Men need food." BAM! and we're in my house as I go down to the basement to get a whole turkey breast which EG has agreed will suffice along with his original piece of chicken, the extra chicken and the girl's half and my half. While I'm down there I realize I had a pack of ground beef so I didn't need to go buy some the night before (which I really did), but the freezer hadn't frozen it the whole way. I took out the turkey breast and went back upstairs. EG's at the pantry with an unopened Sam's size bottle of ranch dressing and said, "Is this all you got?" This is where the dream ended.

Looks like I need to quit reading blogs before I go to bed. ;) The morning comes early. Sweet gardening dreams.

13 comments:

  1. OMG, you made me laugh so hard I peed my pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yeah.......this may be one of the most disturbing things that i've ever read. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, Ribbit, I was going to read a few blogs before going to bed but since I read yours first, I am going to take it as a sign that I need to stop now!! (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, that is quite strange and disturbing, but funny at the same time. It’s so weird what our minds can develop when we are dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! Thanks, I needed that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Were you reading about Thomas' dream of us all living in a village together??

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, Robin! I think you're right. I had just read that and then read about how he may be getting chickens, hence the coup. No wonder we were having chicken for dinner! We had to make room for EG and Granny in those pens for Thomas's community.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had to make room for EG and Granny in those pens for Thomas's community.

    Oh sure, lock up the two loonies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nah, Granny....Mr. Granny was in the kitchen. Maybe y'all were in there for your safety. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was great. lol Awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is weirdly the way my mind works, too. How funny. It's odd just how much waking time virtual gardening friends take in my life too.

    ReplyDelete