Sunday, July 17, 2011

Fun With Pictures

I remember thinking it was just ridiculous when Mom pulled out of a garbage bag in the basement all of my old dressesthat she saved from when I was a kid. Especially since, at the time, I was pregnant with the boy and knew he was a...well...he.

I have to hand it to her. She was on to something. It's been fun watching the girl dress up in clothes that I once wore, especially when we can get pictures like these:


MAN! Did my Holly Hobby lunch box rock or what!? Although the skirt length sure wouldn't meet dress code, Ma. What were you thinking about sending me out in a dress that short. At least it was set off by some stellar knee socks and Buster Brown shoes.


My favorite, to be sure, is a dress the girl wore that used to be my mother's. I need to hunt down a picture of Mom in that dress and do a side by side of that one!


Sorry for two posts in one day, but this was too much fun not to share. The morning comes early. Sweet gardening dreams.

11 comments:

  1. OMG How cute is that! The girl looks just like you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome, and boy, does she look like you or what?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a bit disconcerting at times. She's a cutie, but please keep in mind that in now way can she compete with my stellar knee socks. That, and how my mom got me to stand still enough to brush my hair is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool! Talk about planning ahead. Sadly, my dad didn't have your mom's foresight. Just another reminder that mom is always right. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly Hobbie and Buster Brown, yay! I had that lunch box too LOL. My Buster Brown shoes I loved had these rubber soles that were like round straws or something on their sides, I still remember them. Those are great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet!! Lucky you.

    I must get pictures of the kids in sweaters. . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the flashabck.....you must hook the girl up with knee socks. They totally make the dress! ;)

    ReplyDelete