Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Playing the Odds

I'd say six out of seven ain't bad.

Six out of my seven potato projects have either sprouted or are showing signs of beginning to sprout.
They get limited sun since I've had to tip the pots to allow me room to hill them as they grow, so I'm happy any are doing well and certainly six out of seven pots is a great average. There's one that got mushy and a bit foul. It has most assuredly rotted in there, so I'll dump it this weekend and wash that pot really well.

The morning comes early. Sweet gardening dreams.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Mine just went in last week so I'll have to be patient and live vicariously through yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's great news! I got nothin'....

    ReplyDelete
  3. A'right! Mine took forever to come up. Now they show no sign of slowing down, and I'm wishing I had more height to my containers. Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! Those will be some tasty spuds Ribbit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just built a box for my potatoes ... did you buy starters, or make them yourself? They are looking nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kiwi gnomes! I bought the seed potatoes, but chitted them on the counter and prepared them, myself. They seemed to take forever to sprout!

    ReplyDelete