Thursday, March 25, 2010

EG Has Georgia On His Mind!

Today a wonderful "little talking box" arrived at my door courtesy of EG! Granny once got a little talking box that had quite an adventure and whereas I knew to expect a box from EG I was so excited to see it was a talking box as well!.

I only wish I could have seen the face of the postal worker who delivered it
Inside was a jar of EG's blackberry jam which we can't wait to try. We're going to bust into it after we finish up Granny's strawberry jam which is just delectable. Also in the box was a CD of what I believe are PDF's of gardening manuals. These are going to go a long, long way into helping me gain some valuable knowledge. I'm most hopeful for the info on fruit trees/bushes that will help me diagnose the problems with my blueberry bushes.
Yes, that little box had a lot to say; lots of jokes, songs and quips about Georgia covered the package. But did the box really have to mention having to drop a load, EG? HA!
For all of the wonderful, things EG was so gracious to include in his box, I don't think he realized what the true gift inside it was....
Packing bubbles are every kid's dream. I must admit to popping a few of them, myself.
Thank you for your thoughtfulness, EG.
The morning comes early. Sweet gardening dreams.



14 comments:

  1. that's awesome! the box is too funny, I bet the postman got a chuckle out of it, especially since most of their day is probably pretty lame, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute! I love the girl in her fleece pjs stepping on the bubbles! Very adorable. And the boy just so carefully down there popping them, what looks like one at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are certainly opposites, Shawn Ann, but don't let him fool you. He was lining his up for the kill. He stood up and cannon balled into his.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome! Love seeing my blogging friends sharing the little talking box. I bet that blackberry jam is delicious and the gardening manuals are invaluable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm glad it made it to you alright. Yeah, that cd has probably at least 1,000 or more pages of info about all kinds of gardening stuff on it. I hope ya like the jam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy that jam, sounds yummy!

    My younger dog, Wilson, discovered bubble wrap a few months ago, he was just like a kid. When I'd pop the bubbles, he come snatch it out of my hand, run off an bite it. It was quite a sight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA! My little talking box traveled thousands of miles. Where is yours going? EG is funny :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your daughter has an "Eat this, bubbles" stance. I love it! Bubbles are the hit of the house here too--forget the gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute all the way around, that informational disc sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a hoot! I bet the entire post office (on both ends of the process) had a good chuckle too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the happy kids. My children act like it's Christmas every time a package shows up too, and that one is a terrific one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how nice! You should feel special. Not EVERYONE gets a talking box (hint hint EG) LOL

    If you get any tips on the berry gardens, pass them along wouldja?

    JenGC

    ReplyDelete