Monday, March 7, 2011

The Bean's Cabbage - Part 1

Yesterday we spent a wonderful evening over at my sister-in-law's house. Her daughter's class did a lesson on the parts of a plant and from what I understand, each child came home with a plant - a cabbage in her case. I told her I'd put it in the side yard where it would get the most sun and then document for her how it grew. It's one of those mondo cabbages. I don't know if we can let it grow to maturity, but she'll still have quite a head of cabbage when it's done.

Here we go! This is week 1. It's a bit leggy, so I planted it deep, hoping it would root along the stem.

Can't wait to watch it grow, Bean! Thanks for letting me share the experience with you.

Keychains for a Cause is expanding yet again to help us reach our goal of 300 keychains sold by Relay. We've added tennis themed ribbon to our selections. There's a keychain to meet every need. Go check them out!

2 comments:

  1. half of mine are leggy too, will be interesting to see how they do when they go outside next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my kids were young they always loved to watch "their" plants grow. Though my daughter always wanted pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete