Saturday, May 7, 2011

Zephyr Breathes Life

"Whan Zephirus eek with his sweete breeth
Inspired hath in every holt and heeth
The tendre croppes, and the younge sonne
Hath in the Ram his halfe course yronne..."


Although I'm not planning on taking any pilgrimages to Canterburry, the general prologue to The Canterbury Tales is always what I think about when I go see how my Zephyrs are doing. I've been a total squash failure for years now, but this year I seem to have found the perfect bed for them and the Zephyr is rocking and rolling right along. I can't wait to try one.

Amazingly enough, the crook neck squash on either side of it is doing well also. Maybe this will be the year of the squash!

The morning comes early. Sweet squash filled dreams.

3 comments:

  1. Indeed, I think it will definitely be the year of the squash at your house......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope this is a squash year, I'm finally trying it - planted the seeds today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh look at all those baby squashes. I hope mine are so prolific. Well in a long while they aren't even out of the ground yet.

    ReplyDelete