Friday, June 11, 2010

A Warning To The Japanese Beetle Population

This, too, can happen to you.
Respect the garden or learn to respect the soapy water. You can't win. I can hear you chomping. I will find you and you will drown, but you can take solace in that you won't be alone. Your friends will follow.

And in honor of Kate and Crew from Gardening Without Skills and her oddly magnificent poetic skills, I offer you my own humble composition:

Japanese Beetle,
You good-for-nothing a$$. Go
Eat the neighbor's leaves.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Ribbit.... so cute! Thanks for the laugh... I really really needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, Granny....that is my day job.


    I'll take a pay cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! :) Those things look pretty nasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been ramming their heads into the trellis posts. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would expect no less, EG. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, mine get fed to the chickens. They turn into very tasty eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! I am going to link your poem when they show up here, which according to my calendar from last year, will be next week! Donning my battle gear, hear my battle cry..... "DIE"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! My work would never be finished with the amount of Japanese Beetles I get at the garden spot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did I miss this poem???

    Loooooooove it!

    Priceless!

    ReplyDelete