Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Photoshoot

We got some of the pictures from the photoshoot from this last weekend. Here's the back story - once upon a time (about 12 years ago) I taught a lovely lady who married another of my students at the time. Her and her sister have started a custom, hand made clothing line which I think I've mentioned before - Jilly B's. You can find them on Facebook. Anway, her sister married a man who's brother I taught. He married another girl I taught who is the photgrapher. So, as convoluted as it is, it's one big happy family. What's crazy about it is they all have children that are the same age as mine. I can't say enough about the dresses. They're so beautifully made and I got to pick the fabrics and the designs and went for custom fittings. Then, when I got the bill - it was less expensive than an outfit I'd buy at Wal-Mart. Seriously. I had her make both dresses adjustable in the arms and around the chest so once she grows out of wearing them as dresses, she can wear them as baby doll tops over a pair of jeans. Jilly B's even threw in a pair of jeans in a few sizes too large for now ruffled with matching fabric! The girl had a blast standing on these tires. This, however, was my favorite picture. This poor little girl cried the entire way through the shoot, but wound up having the most adorable pictures, didn't she. Here are all of the girls at the end. I'd say the girl is the tallest, but she's jumping in the picture. I did notice for the first time in this picture that she's slimming out and turning into a girl rather than a toddler. All in all, it was a beautiful day all around. I'm pretty proud and happy for all of these ladies..and...as luck would have it...I'm happy to call all of them neighbors. ;) Ladies - the garden gates are always open. Help yourselves. The morning comes early, even though it's spring break. The kids just don't seem to understand. Sweet gardening dreams.

5 comments:

  1. Adorable! OMG it's Spring Break soon? LOL, my kids have snow make up days to do, but then what am I going to do with them underfoot... better go check the school calendar LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're on spring break now. We already did three make up days and we get the other two at the end of the year. That's why graduation is now on Memorial Day. Who would have ever thought we'd miss a full week because of that snow. It's unheard of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww how cute. My kids are all grown up now. No cute photos for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photos are so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful kids, outfits AND photos. Talk about triple threat! :)

    ReplyDelete