Sunday, December 12, 2010

Again, I Must Ask...What Garden?

Maybe it's just because it's the end of the semester. Maybe it's that my attention has been focused on the keychains. Maybe it's because I'm obsessed with my new NookColor. Maybe it's the inhumane and unAmerican cold weather we're experiencing; well, it's certainly the cold, but with everything else accounted for, I really need to get myself out to the garden and pick whatever is pickable and clean up what's not.

I'm looking back at my posts from last year and by this time I was chomping at the bit to order my seeds and this year I haven't even made a garden plan let alone shopped for seeds. It's on my list to do today, however. Maybe. ;)

What I can be grateful for is my girlfriend giving me some of her pesto, revitalizing my love and dependency on the stuff. She's such an enabler.
However, it's with much gratitude that I do say that most of my "alone time" this week has been spent making keychains! This weekend alone, I processed orders for 25 keychains which just made me so happy. The orders included this one for which all of the keychains are being used as teacher/Sunday school teacher gifts. The leopard print was free with her order of 5+.
This one below was fun to make. She needed a keychain for a girl whose cheer leading squad was pink and black, so I layered the black megaphones on the hot pink ribbon. It's so cute. The GT fob was hers free with her order of 5+.
Lastly, this one is going to Florida. She requested a Mickey Mouse ribbon, of which I still have some left. The layered ribbons all corresponded to school colors for her to use as gifts.
I couldn't be happier with how the Keychains for a Cause has been received. I calculated last night that we had done over $1,400 in keychain sales since July. Not too shabby, my friends!
The morning comes early. Sweet gardening dreams.

10 comments:

  1. No not the Nook (or should I have said that last post). I've got a Kindle. I love it.

    I always wait to order my seeds after I figure out what I'm going to get from people. But then I order. I'll be making it up next week I think. And then contemplating it. I like to get my order in before Christmas so my seed doesn't run out. I've had that happen way too many times. Or course last year they had things on back order anyway. Ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, it was a hard decision, Daphne. I liked that I could get library books on the nook, but couldn't on the kindle. Then, I could also get all of my magazines like my Organic Gardening on there and in color to boot and the web browser is fantastic. The down side is the battery life is almost non existant at 8 hours. I haven't put it down since I got it, however I'm thinking the Kindle may be a purchase for me in the future as well. They've each got their good points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't feel bad about the garden - it's the same everywhere it seems! Mine is officially "kaput" - all my peas froze last week and are limp with their little blossoms still attached. I say good thing we all seem to have other hobbies & causes to keep us busy when Mother Nature kicks us in the butt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If there is anything left alive out in the garden, you might want to go pull it tomorrow afternoon. Joe just showed me a weather forecast that included a temperature down to 10 degrees F! For tomorrow night! If that isn't weird for NW Georgia in mid-December, I don't know what is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I placed the bulk of my seed order for next year a few days ago...it was hard to get motivated at the beginning but one look at the seed catalog and I was hooked. Still have to order seed potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had't even begun to think "garden plan", when Mr. Granny, the non-gardener, came up with "We'll have to rethink what we'll be planting next year". Don't you just love it when someone who doesn't know a seed from an apple pie says "we"?. He has decided we need only onions and lettuce. Sorry, Charlie, old Granny will be in supergarden mode again in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GRANNY!!!!!! I MISS YOU.

    You won't believe this, but I was FINALLY putting in my seed order when your email came through. When are you coming home?

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'll come home either in February or March, depending on road conditions and my attitude. I'll be easier to get along with now that I have an internet connection ;-) The realter showed the place twice today! That's four times this month, so maybe the economy is picking up a bit and we can get it sold!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been thinking about seeds, but now I'm distracted after seeing the first picture here. Is your pesto mixed in with something creamy in that picture?? Whatever it is, it looks rich and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! I mixed it in with some alfredo sauce!

    ReplyDelete