I filled my new gardening mug from Granny last night with some warm cider with a dram of whisky last night....mmmmmmm. Not sure if that was the use you intended it for, Granny, but it sure was good!! Don't forget to leave a comment under yesterday's post if you'd like to receive a package of goodies. I need to "pay it forward" and will likely choose a name by Friday.
On the same note, I placed my seed orders yesterday!! And then a coupon for my order showed up in the mail today...why does it always work that way?
I went through my seed stack, cleaned it out, and found I have some left over seed that I'll never use this year. None of it is very exciting and most comes straight off of a seed rack, but I feel worse about throwing out good seed than I would putting a Woody or Buzz Lightyear in a garage sale...well, almost worse.
Here's what I have for the taking. Email thecorneryard @ ymail . com with what you'd like and your address.
1. Zipper Peas/Cream Crowder Peas - Fantastic and like a cow pea. They really need traditional row planting and more sun than I can give them. From my local feed store
2. Alaska Peas - local feed store
3. Sweet corn - Delectable Hybrid - burpee
4. Parris Island Romaine Lettuce - ferry morse
5. Iceberg Lettuce - Burpee
6. Soybean - Green Pearls - Burpee
7. Watermelon - sugar baby - ferry morse
8. Sugar Snap Pea - Burpee
9. Black Radish (nero tondo)-johnny's
10. Cabbage - late/Storage green - Johnny's
11. Black seeded Simpson Lettuce - Burpee
12. Super Sugar Snap pea - Burpee
Again, nothing exciting but if you can use them, I'll send them along. If not, there's a vacant lot across the way I could possibly go guerrilla gardening in......at the rate the houses are selling, or rather NOT selling...I may get an entire season out of the lot. Hmmm...I wonder how much trouble I really would get in. The worst they could do is tell me to rip it out, right?
January 27, 2015 - Family update
2 years ago