Sunday, September 14, 2008

Containers vs. SFG

I know it's only been one week, but the same vegetables I put in at the same time in my containers are outgrowing the sqft garden 4-1. The container plants are MASSIVE and the ones in the garden are as scrawny as they were when I transplanted them. The only thing seeming to do well is the romaine lettuce and radishes. The soil mixture is the same in both. Not a great mix, but the best I could do at the time, and still the containers are groing like crazy in comparison so I don't think this is the problem. Sun exposure is about the same if not 2-3 hours LESS for the container plants. I tried fertilizing today to see if this will make a difference.
I was thinking that maybe the depth of the roots would make some sort of a difference....I had to put a weed fabric down as I put the beds right on top of grass. Could that be the problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment