Monday, October 11, 2010

Harvest Monday - October 11

Late fall harvests are almost as exciting as the first summer harvests. I'm just thrilled beyond belief at these beans. This is the third such picking I've gotten and the bush beans are just now starting to look good as well. I can't wait until those start producing. Then I'll be rolling in beans.
The vining cucumbers gave me two more and the eggplants that I chopped down to the ground sprung back and gave me another eggplant. I'll have to remember that for next year. I honestly thought that would kill them, they were so bug ridden, but they grew back lush and beautiful to give me a second helping of eggplants all around and I'm not complaining.

Football wasn't so bad this weekend, either. EG, bet you were smiling there for a while.

This Autisim Keychain from Keychains for a Cause is headded out to Tennessee this morning!
Thank you for your order.
Stop by Daphne's to see what everyone else is harvesting!
The morning comes early; sweet late fall gardening dreams.

6 comments:

  1. I can just imagine you getting buried in beans. I'm glad the fall planting is working out so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's getting a bit too chilly and the days too short for my beans. They seem to be getting smaller and smaller. But there have still been plenty. It's nice you have warmer weather for a bit longer to get more out of your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess living in the south with its warm weather has its advantages when it comes to growing some summer vegetables like beans well into the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy those pole beans, those are my favorite! :)

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it was the greatest football weekend that I can remember! YeeHaw!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, late fall harvests are exciting. They are an extra gift, so they are so much more precious. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete